eBay requires including Product Identifiers for Items with New, Manufacturer/Seller Refurbished conditions listed in certain eBay Categories. Please read more information here.
Product Identifiers include:
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN);
- Global Trade Item Numbers (UPC, EAN or ISBN codes)
Beginning in Spring 2018, a new product-based search is launched on US, UK, AU, and CA [English] eBay sites to make the buyers' experience more consistent. All merchants are required to associate their Items with the products in eBay catalog on these sites. In order to list/revise your offers on the channel, you need to provide eBay Product ID (ePID) and a valid GTIN (UPC, ISBN, EAN).
Why does eBay require Product Identifiers to be included for some items?
Search engines on eBay or other external sites like Bing and Google use thousands of algorithms to help identify and display relevant product matches during online search sessions. Product Identifiers help those search engines capture eBay sellers' merchandise and display it in relevant searches.
What are the benefits of including Product Identifiers?
Product Identifiers help buyers find your Item easier and faster both on eBay and in search engines. Items that include Brand, MPN, GTIN, ePID have better visibility in eBay search results and navigation. Therefore, including Product IDs to your eBay Items allows you to benefit from:
- Compliance with eBay product-based shopping experience.
- Increased visibility in eBay deals, bargains, and other promotions.
- Complete Item information and Item Specifics, which are included automatically when your Item is matched to a product in the eBay catalog.
- More accurate pricing guidance to make your Items more competitive.
Please, consult eBay Seller Center article to learn more details.