M2E Pro Listings feature four Amazon Listing View Modes. They are Amazon View Mode, Setting View Mode, Seller Central View Mode, and Magento View Mode. These modes allow you to view and manage the Product data from different perspectives.
To find Amazon Listing View Modes, go to Amazon > Listings. At the top of the Product list, you will see all the View Modes. To switch between them, use the drop-down menu:
- Amazon View Mode - displays the main Amazon Product information. It lets you manage listed and unlisted items on Amazon, as well as ASIN/ISBN-related data.
- Settings View Mode - allows you to review the basic Product data, adjust the Policy settings defined for each Product, and move selected Listing Products to a different M2E Pro Listing.
- Seller Central View Mode - displays the data related only to Amazon Simple and Child Products, the same as in your Seller Central. Also, it lets you manage Simple and Child products, switch to a different fulfillment type, and review/adjust the Repricing Tool settings.
- Magento View Mode - allows you to see Product information related to Magento Catalog.
Here is a brief overview and comparison of all four Amazon Listing View Modes:
|Amazon View Mode||Settings View Mode||Seller Central View Mode||Magento View Mode|
|Available Information (Columns)|
Product Tax Code Policy:
* Product Title/Product SKU - displays a Magento Product Title and SKU that are taken from Magento Catalog.
** SKU - displays an SKU of Amazon Product. It is based on the SKU Settings you provided for the Listing.
*** QTY - quantity available on Amazon according to Magento Product settings and Selling Policy settings.
**** Price - an Item price on Amazon according to Magento Product settings and Selling Policy settings.
Amazon View Mode/Seller Central View Mode Actions Explained:
- List Item(s) - lists selected Items on Amazon or creates new ASIN/ISBN in case this feature is assigned. The action only works with Items that have the Not Listed status.
- Revise Item(s) - revises selected Items to update them on Amazon. This action only works with items that have the Active status.
If you need to set 0 quantity for a particular Item on the Channel, you should apply the Stop Action instead of Revise. Otherwise, it will not work since the Revise action can be applied only to Active Products. An Item with 0 quantity is not available for purchase and cannot be Active on the Channel.
- Relist Item(s) - relists selected Items. This action only works with items with the Inactive status. After you apply changes, you can make stopped Items Active on Amazon.
- Stop Item(s) - stops selected Items. These items remain in the M2E Pro Listing but are no longer available on Amazon. Their Quantity on Amazon becomes equal to 0.
- Stop on Channel/Remove from Listing - stops selected Items on Amazon and removes them from the current Listing.
- Remove from Channel & Listing - removes selected Items both from Amazon and from the current Listing.
In the Amazon View Mode and Seller Central View Mode, you can run a selected action for the Products in bulk. Tick the checkbox next to the required products:
In the Settings View Mode, using the Action menu you can manage product settings:
- in bulk
- for an individual product
Amazon View Mode Statuses Explained:
- Unknown - the Item status is not defined.
- Not Listed - the Item is not listed yet.
- Active - the Item is successfully listed on Amazon.
- Inactive - the Item is stopped on Amazon.
- Inactive (Blocked) - the Item is incomplete/closed/blocked on Amazon.
Fulfillment Actions (Seller Central View Mode) Explained:
- Switch to AFN - allows changing the Fulfillment from MFN to AFN.
- Switch to MFN - allows changing the Fulfillment from AFN to MFN.
It is possible to change the Fulfillment type only for Simple and Child Products. For Parent Products, you cannot change the fulfillment.
You can perform switching only in case there are no actions running on this Item now. Also, the Status of AFN Items is shown as Unknown because there is no quantity information for Items fulfilled by Amazon.
Fulfillment switching is not connected to any further process. For example, your Item in MFN format used to have a quantity of 10. After switching to AFN, its quantity will become 0.
You should go to your Seller Central to send this data to the Amazon Fulfillment Center.
Repricing Tool Actions (Seller Central View Mode) Explained:
- Show Details - allows you to check the repricing settings for a Product.
- Add Item(s) - allows you to add selected Products to the Repricing Service.
- Edit Item(s) - allows you to adjust the repricing settings for a Product.
- Remove Item(s) - allows you to remove selected Products from the Repricing Service.
You can find more detailed information on how to work with the Repricing Tool here.